Due to higher receipts than normal, the IRS is experiencing a delay in processing payments. If the information you entered does not match the IRS systems information, your payment may need additional processing and handling before crediting your account.
If you received a notice from the IRS that they have not received your payment after making a successful payment through www.payUSAtax.com, please follow the steps below to resolve the issue:
1. Retrieve your EFT reference number from PayUSATax website. Please note that the EFT reference number may not be visible for up to 7 business days after the payment date.
2. Call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 for individual income tax payments or 1-800-829-4933 for business tax payments.
3. Inform the IRS agent that you made a payment through PayUSATax, and your payment was not applied. Provide the EFT reference number you retrieved for the IRS to locate your payment.
4. The IRS will be able to identify the payment from the EFT reference number and provide the current status of your payment.
5. Taxpayer can view their payment history through their IRS Online Account. This includes pending payments that are being processed.
Please send your general comments or questions to a customer service representative using our secure form below. Please make sure you enter your daytime phone number and email address.
NOTE: Our FAQs provide immediate responses for the most commonly asked questions. Please check the FAQs by clicking the Support link above prior to submitting your message.